Let's give a warm Southern welcome to Walter Reeves, garden expert and radio/television/newspaper horticulture expert known throughout this planting zone, and to all of the exceptional, award-winning performances taking place throughout the day.
Check out Walter Reeves' website for all sorts of gardening advice.
Learn more about our Event Sponsors:
For more information, email us!
We're Easy to Find
Jefferson is between Athens and Gainesville, off I-85's Exit 137. East on the Hwy 129 Bypass.
10 Big Reasons to Attend!
- Parking and entry to the Foliage Fest is free!
- You can celebrate an early spring with an entire day of music and fun with your friends and family. Bring lawn chairs and blankets to enjoy the event.
- You'll get to meet and speak with radio and television personality, Walter Reeves, who'll share his expertise with you about gardening and landscaping.
- Trees selected for sale at the Jefferson Heritage Tree Council booth were hand selected by a certified arborist for quality and beauty.
- Many local nurseries will have a large variety of trees onsite for sale.
- Ornamental, shade, fruit trees and landscape foliage are offered at competitive prices!
- Herbs, garden plants, shrubs, fruit-bearing bushes and flowers will also be on hand.
- You can get expert gardening advice, as well as pruning and mulching demonstrations.
- You'll see exhibitors with original arts and crafts, handmade items, natural products, and art featuring up-cycled creativity.
- Food! Plan on having lunch prepared by a variety of local vendors. Foliage Fest features local brewer Terrapin Beer as an event sponsor again this year!
Your Support Makes a Difference
This event was founded and is organized by the Jefferson Heritage Tree Council for the purpose of helping maintain a healthy tree canopy through tree planting and communicating the importance of trees.
Trees are a great investment in your community because they’re proven to help moderate surface temperatures, improve air quality, prevent soil erosion and protect water quality.
Purchasing and planting trees is a sound investment, adding to the value of your home.
Trees reduce the energy you use in heating (because they provide wind break) and cooling (due to their shade).
The area under a shade tree is often 10 degrees or more lower than out in full sun.
Trees enhance wildlife habitat and simply make our communities better in many, many ways.